The story of our founding
The Congregation was founded on August 29, 1842, by Bishop of Satu-Mare John Ham, who entrusted the formation of the first sisters to the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul in Vienna, Gumpendorf.
John Ham dreamt of the pure and morally sane youth growing up in a diocese. He saw the future of the Church and of the world in those young people. That was the reason why the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of Satu-Mare began their activity in Satu-Mare, Romania.
Several Sisters came from Gumpendorf to ...