WARNING! INFORMATION ABOUT XI PILGRIMAGE TO BL. MARTHA WIETSKA DC
Головна > History of the Congregation
The Congregation of the Mission was founded by St. Vincent de Paul in 1625. Presently, it numbers about 4,000 members working in 86 countries around the world.
Priests of the Mission are also popularly known as Lazarists or Vincentians. They hold parish missions, are involved in pastoral activity, take care of the formation of prospective priests and of spiritual guidance for the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul.
Members of the Congregation of the Mission are Christ’s disciples whom God has called to join this community in order to promote Christ’s missionary message. They do their best to fulfill their vocation by pursuing their activity in line with the teaching, spirit and Rules of St. Vincent de Paul.
Currently, five seminarians study at the Higher Seminary of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Vorzel: Ivan Velimets, Serhii Penkivskyi, Roman Vintoniak, Anatolii Frizler and Yan Vakulchak. Seven priests have already graduated from the seminary in Vorzel: Fr. Vladyslav Bismak, CM, Fr. Mykola Dobra, CM, Fr. Vladyslav Kuchak, CM, Fr. Yurii Shpak, CM, Fr. Vasyl Zinych, CM, Fr. Serhii Pavlish, CM, and Fr. Yezhy Havliuk, CM.
Our characteristic features are:
The goal of the Congregation of the Mission is following Jesus Christ and proclaiming the Gospel to the poor in the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul:
The source of our work and activity is prayer. We give up ourselves and all our belongings to our community. We strive to live together in love which is the backbone of our apostolic activity.